Grove City Athletics Club,
1) GCAC gear order deadline Thursday, May 31.
Check out this website: https://geardesigns.us/
- There are Singlets (i.e., running jerseys), T-Shirts (including a women-specific cut), and Long-sleeve Shirts.
- All of them are 100% Polyester moisture management/antimicrobial performance fabric (i.e., non-cotton).
- No code or anything is needed to order.
- Just go to the Gear website: https://geardesigns.us/ and order.
- NOTE: The only kink is that currently, if you click on "continue ordering" from your shopping cart, it takes you to all of the items Gear has made this year for Grove City, not just GCAC, and ONLY GCAC items are available to order now. It isn't a huge deal unless you try to order something other than GCAC apparel (which you will not be able to get). In short, use the Home button from the shopping cart to continue ordering and only purchase GCAC gear.
- NOTE these will be the same singlets for GCAC Elementary Cross Country this summer/fall.
- We hope that you will represent GCAC around town, supporting our Elementary kids, at local road races, or if you plan to run a GCAC relay race, we would like you to wear GCAC gear.
**Anticipated Delivery at the Grove City Middle School @ 3:30pm (after the elementary session) on Thursday, June 7. If you cannot attend, we will make other arrangements.
2) GCAC Summer "Kick-off" Family Event - Wed. June 13 @ 6pm
**Please make an effort to come (and bring the family)!!!
Slippery Rock University Summer All-Comers Family/Community Track Meet:
Wednesdays, June 13* @ 6pm @ SRU Track (Mihalik-Thompson Stadium)
o *June 13 meet @ 6pm will include: GCAC Elementary Track Program-only 1 mile post-test!
o This will act as a type of post-program time trial to track fitness gained!
o There is also a meet the following meet June 20.
Both meets are open to anyone of any age (bring the entire family)!
$15 per individual (unlimited event entries). *GCAC-Discounted Family Rate: $25. Payable at meet.
Events range from 50m (elementary-only) to 5k track races + hurdles + jumping + throwing events
3) Two more weeks of GCAC Elementary Track practice - Thursdays at 2:30pm behind the GC Middle School.
5) If you are a marathoner or aspiring marathoner, many club runners are planning on running the Columbus (OH) Marathon on Oct. 21. Consider this if thinking about a Fall marathon. Some are trying to qualify for the 2020 Boston Marathon (another idea for some of you GCAC runners who are Type A and want to plan ahead).
Hope to see you all on June 13!
Grove City Athletics Club