Greetings Grove City Athletics Club family,
We hope you and your families are well! We wanted to provide an update regarding planned club events (hopefully)!
Foremost, we hesitate (but we are) providing this information publically as COVID-19 cases are currently on the rise and we don’t want to get hopes up too high if we have to cancel the cross country program. Generally, we will follow along with the PIAA and the Grove City Area School District.
Our hesitation is that we can never refund any GetMeRegistered club registration processing fees (otherwise the club would actually lose money). We would hate for people to register for our club and if COVID-19 gets worse, we have to cancel cross country. Please consider this prior to registration. Moreover, with children we can NEVER guarantee complete social distancing at practices and it is not safe to run with face masks due to restricting breathing during exercise. In other words, there is always a risk of transmitting COVID-19 or some other communicable disease when people gather.
On to more positive notes!
ADULT GROUP RUNS
More info here: http://grovecityac.org/index.php/training
SUMMER / FALL ELEMENTARY (grades 2-6) CROSS COUNTRY
- On June 24, the Grove City Area School District approved plans to start High School athletics practices July 1.
- In line with all previous years, summer ELEMENTARY cross country starts the same day as optional practices for Middle School cross country as Brian Buchan is the head coach of both.
- We plan to start GCAC Elementary Cross Country MONDAY, JULY 27 at 10:30am.
- Registration closes at 11:59pm on Monday, July 27.
- You may notice this starts one week later than last year because the season ends one week later (Mercer County Athletics Conference Elementary Cross Country Championships are Saturday, October 24 in Hickory).
- There are 4 HOME and 4 AWAY cross country meets scheduled!
- Two practices each week is 1hr.
- Prior to school starting, SUMMER practices are Mondays and Thursdays, starting at 10:30am.
- Summer Monday practices meet at the Cross Country course (Memorial Park softball fields behind the Armory), while Thursday practices meet at Keystone Pavilion (Memorial Park across from basketball courts).
- After school starts, FALL practices move to Tuesdays (4-5pm) and Fridays (3:30-4:30pm), meeting behind the Middle School (near the tennis courts).
- No kids may participate in GCAC cross country unless they are current members of the Grove City Athletics Club.
- The Day-by-Day GCAC Elementary Cross Country Schedule is posted here:
GCAC CLUB Middle School/High School (grades 7-12) CROSS COUNTRY
- Grove City Athletics Club Cross Country is a club team for 7-12th graders who attend Grove City Christian Academy or Homeschool outside of the Grove City Area School District.
- More info here: http://grovecityac.org/index.php/youth/ms-hs-cross-country-track
We REALLY hope we are able to have cross country this season. We love it just as much as the kids do!
Grove City Athletics Club