Grove City Athletics Club families,
In order to provide you an update, we are still waiting for approval to use the GC High School track for the Tuesday night elementary track & field practices. The program flyer is found here:
Stay tuned for updates on that.
As we have since 2019, the Grove City Athletics Club is offering $250 each for the 2021 Grove City Athletics Club Boys and Girls Scholarships. More information here:
In accordance with NCAA regulations, no check is made out to the student-athlete. We write the check out to the higher education institution and the monies are mailed to the institution and then are directed to be deposited into the student's school account.
In an effort to support cross country/track & field within the community, the purpose of this scholarship is to recognize a local cross country and/or track & field athlete who plans to continue their athletic career in college. It is the goal of the club to award a scholarship to one qualifying male and one qualifying female each year. All candidates must meet the following criteria:
The awardee must…
1) …have participated in high school cross country or track & field (any event).
2) …be a high school senior with the intention of participating in cross country or track & field in college.
3) …have good moral character.
Preference will be given to athletes who…
1) …are a member of the Grove City Athletics Club.
2) …have participated in training runs/programs/events/races with the Grove City Athletics Club.
3) …have competed for Grove City High School or within the surrounding area (i.e., Mercer County).
4) …participated in both cross country and track & field.
5) …participated in cross country or track & field all four years of high school.
In order to apply:
1) This application must be typed.
2) The athlete or other nominating individual must complete the below scholarship application.
3) A maximum (no more than) 1,000 word essay must be submitted addressing:
- The above application criteria (i.e., how the athlete qualifies for the scholarship).
- A discussion of how cross country and/or track & field has impacted the athlete’s life.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE: Wed. May 12, 2021
(these will be handed out at the Senior Awards night - Mon. May 17 at Forker Field)
A link to the scholarship application document is on the above website.
If you have questions, please contact us.
Grove City Athletics Club