2020 Grove City Athletics Club Annual Meeting Minutes
Call to order: A meeting of the Grove City Athletics Club was held at Mark & Debbie Courtney’s on Thur. Feb. 27 from 6:00-7:25PM. The meeting was called to order at 6:15PM.
In attendance: Angie Jenny, Renae Shawgo, Seth Jenny, Kyle Garner, Karen Senita, Debbie Courtney, Mark Courtney, Ryan Wells, Jessica Graeser, Brian Buchan, and Daniel Edmonds.
There was a motion to approve the minutes by Brian Buchanan; it was seconded by Ryan Wells. The minutes were approved. The Minutes from the last meeting may be retrieved here: http://grovecityac.org/index.php/announcements2/91-nov-5-2019-gcac-leadership-meeting-minutes
The following reports were offered during the 2/27/2020 meeting:
- President – Seth Jenny
- RENEWED USATF club membership renewed for 2020.
- RENEWED RRCA club membership and Liability Insurance – NON PROFIT.
- CORRECTIONS GetMeRegistered.com corrections made for 2020, adding PROCESSING FEES to the cost of registrants rather than the club.
- Seth also noted the purchase of disposable ice packs for club med kits. Kits have been distribted to coaches.
- There is a NEW GCAC LOGO (Thank you to Kyle Garner for the updated GCAC logo & “Empowering the Female Athlete” seminar).
- ANNOUNCEMENT: GCAC Scholarship Application updated - $250 each (male and female):
- Due: Wed. May 20, 2020 – ANYONE IN AREA TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIP – IN COLLEGE.
- ACCUMULATION of RECORDS. Hannah Gildersleeve has started to accumulate past records since March 2018 for GCAC boy & girl team results (& boy/girl top 10 times per grade level on each course). Seth noted that there is a GOOGLE DOC FOR THOSE WHO ARE WILLING to help with the ACCUMULATION OF DATA. During the meeting, Renae and Karen agreed to help Hannah with grade-level recording of XC.
- Vice-President/Treasurer Report (Brian Buchan)
- COACH BUCHAN REPORTED ON THE FINANCIAL STATEUS OF THE CLUB. Anyone interested in the financial records of the club may get the information/ report from Coach Buchan.
- There was a brief of the Amazon Business Account.
- Coach Buchan is willing to share information from the Google Doc if necessary/ need.
- It was not4ed that there are 86 renewed members (250 members last year). Membership is expected to grow in coming months.
- The next item on the agenda was the election of new board members.
- It was noted that these are 2-year terms & members can run for same position 2 consecutive terms (then must move).
- Board Member responsibilities listed in club by-laws can be found here:
- Thank you to those who served March 2018 to March 2020: Seth Jenny (president), Brian Buchan (VP), Kim Hohman (secretary), Mark Courtney (treasurer), Michelle Beck (at-large board member)!
- NEW Election Results from 2/27/20 meeting:
- President – SETH JENNY NOMINATED for President / ACCEPTED
- Vice-President – BRIAN BUCHAN NOMINATED for VP / ACCEPTED
- Secretary – RENAE SHAWGO NOMINATED for Secretary / ACCEPTED
- Treasurer – HANNAH GILDERSLEEVE NOMINATED for Treasurer / ACCEPTED
- At-large Board Member – MARK COURTNEY Nominated / ACCEPTED
- New Business
- Hannah Gildersleeve – Adult Group Running update
- Sundays @ 1pm meeting at the GC high school track (Forker Field) parking lot, AS THE WEATHER IMPROVES, MORE INTEREST 6-8 PARTICIPANTS / ANOTHER DAY TIME MAY BE ADDED AS THE WEATHER IMPROVES
- THERE MAY ALSO BE A WEDNESDAY EVENING TRACK WORK OUT ADDED.
- Hannah Gildersleeve – Adult Group Running update
- DISCUSSON OF A KOEHLER’S NIGHT ALSO ENSUED. DETAILS TO FOLLOW.
- Equipment to be approved for order:
- Bee sting cream – Ryan will follow up with Megan Nash about bee sting medication.
- Epi Pen – Megan Nash will follow-up.
- MINI HURDLES will be added to equipment list.
- Yes, rubber chickens will be added to the needed equipment list along with Turbo and ball/chain training implement.
- Discussion of concerns of parents for being GCAC members regarding children’s NCAA eligibility and possible conflicts. Ryan Wells and Seth Jenny will investigate further
- Elementary Spring Track Schedule
- The HS TRACK NOT AVAILABLE AFTER 5/7 due to renovations (May 7-June 2020).
- Possible dates: TUESDAYS: 5/12, 19, 26, JUNE 2 6-7 GCC TRACK
- Discussion of possible time change due to GCCA kids.
- Seth will develop a new flyer for the changes in times/dates to this year’s program.
- 2020 SRU All-comers Track Meet (Wed. June 10) – post-test 1 mile
- 2020 SRU All-comers Track Meet (Wed. June 17)
- Kids of Steel 1mi & 5k (May)
- USATF Three Rivers Association Youth T&F Championships
- If members would like to become elementary Spring Track Coaches, they will need to get clearances here: http://grovecityac.org/index.php/youth/gcac-volunteer-background-check-cpr-requirements
- Spring used Shoe fundraiser May/June – Sneakers4Funds.com possible. Jessica Graeser will check into this a bit more.
- GCAC Board will consider other fund-raising ideas.
- GCAC Gear order – for Spring Track (open orders Friday, May 1, and Last day to order Sunday, May 10 (TRACK). ANOTHER ORDER IN JULY/AUGUST. Check on logo change before order. Hannah will help with Gear order and will investigate the addition of running gloves and hats.
- USATF Coaching certification: A request to the club to reimburse/pay for Seth Jenny & Brian Buchan re-certification, passed.
- Possible USATF Level 1 Coaching Clinic near Grove City – Angie Jenny, Ryan Wells, Megan Nash. Board members will look for VENUE TO HOST LOCALLY FRIDAY EVENING, FOUR HOURS, SATURDAY & SUNDAY.
- Upcoming Running Events:
- Pittsburgh HM (& Kids of Steel) Weekend
- ALPHA OMEGA 5K / WALK MEMORIAL
- MARINE 100 RUN
- FLYING PIGS 5K
- 3/28 HALF MARATHON LAKE WILHELM GODDARD STATE PARK
- Kinzua HM & 10k
- Runners High Twilight Quad summer 5k & kids 1/2mi race series – dates TBA
- Next meeting will be held in early July 2020.
Adjournment motion by BRIAN BUCHAN, seconded by KYLE. Meeting adjourned 7:25PM.
Respectfully Submitted ___3/6/2020 ________by:
Renae R. Shawgo, Secretary
Grove City Athletics Club