GCAC Track Posttest Mile +
Grove City Athletics Club,
GCAC Elementary Track Parents - tomorrow reminders:
Wed, June 12 - Slippery Rock University Family/All-comer's community track meet & GCAC Elementary Track post-test 1 mile Race:
**Field events start at 5pm and track events start at 6pm.
**If you have a child in the GCAC Elementary track program, we recommend coming no later than 5:30pm so you have time to register (pricing listed below) and warm-up for the 1mile post-test time trial which starts at 6pm. If you or your child is wanting to do a field event (e.g., long jump, triple jump, shot put, javelin), we recommend arriving by 4:30pm to register. We will meet as a group around 5:40pm to warm up for the elementary GCAC mile.
**Please make an effort to come (and bring the family)!!!
- $15 per individual (unlimited event entries). *GCAC-Discounted Family Rate: $25. All payable at meet.
- LOCATION @ SRU Track (Mihalik-Thompson Stadium) - this is ALSO the Football Stadium (on the hill to the right after entering the main entrance off Keister Rd).
- *June 12 meet @ 6pm will include: GCAC Elementary Track Program-only 1 mile post-test!
- This will act as a type of post-program time trial to track fitness gained!
- There is also another meet the following week - Wed, June 19.
- Both meets are open to anyone of any age (bring the entire family)!
- Events range from 50m (elementary-only) to 5k track races + hurdles + jumping + throwing events
Other GCAC events:
1) There is also another SRU Community Track Meet with the same schedule (minus the GCAC post-test mile) next week - Wed, June 19.
2) GCAC Elementary Cross Country starts Monday, July 22. There is no separate sign-up if you are already a GCAC member. However, encourage others to join the GCAC with a household membership or individual!
View the Cross Country schedule here:
3) The Runner's High Twilight Quad 4 race series starts soon with the June 26 Strawberry Days 5k. Each of the Quad races also have a kids 1/2 mile race. 5k's start at 7pm and kid's races start at 7:45pm.
Click Application here:
4) Other upcoming GCAC events:
See you all tomorrow at SRU for the All-comer's track meet (remember to register when you arrive)!
Grove City Athletics Club