2019 GCAC Elementary Track Reminders
For those who have a child in the 2019 GCAC Elementary Track program starting Thursday (May 2), here are a few reminders:
1) As long as you have registered your child or household for the GCAC this year (2019), there is not a separate sign-up for GCAC elementary track.
2) If your child/children attend Hillview, you will probably need to send a note to the homeroom teacher(s) about permission to be dismissed for the Grove City Athletics Club running program.
3) We will walk the 2nd-5th grade Hillview kids over to behind the Middle School for the program. Dismissal is at 2:30pm and we will get going shortly after. No problem if you are a little late (6th graders or Christian Academy) just join us during our warm-up!
4) Note, if you answered "Yes" to any of the 7 cardiovascular/disease/injury risk factor questions regarding any of your childrens health - we would need the signed doctor's note which was emailed via the registration confirmation (these are rare cases).
5) Also - please have your child bring a water bottle to school those days too.
6) Make sure they are wearing running shoes. Running/baseball caps are encouraged for sun protection.
7) Dont be surprised if you childs clothes and shoes get muddy please plan accordingly. It is almost impossible to avoid this after rain, and most kids actually enjoy it ;)
8) Thursday pick-up is at the Middle School by the tennis courts at 3:30pm. Please be on time!
9) Tuesday practices (every-other-week, starting May 7) are at 6pm at the Grove City High School track (same as football field). Practices end at 7pm please be on time! Our first Tuesday evening practice at the track includes a 1 mile pre-test if youd like to watch. We may need help with the kids putting on timing chips.
**Here is a link to the GCAC elementary track flyer:
**Here are upcoming GCAC events:
We look forward to coaching your kids!
Grove City Athletics Club