GCAC Meeting Minutes 11/7/2018
Grove City Athletics Club Meeting Minutes
Call to order: 6:25 pm Just a little late… Due to filling our bellies!
Adjourned: 7:44 pm
GCAC @ Mark Courtney’s house on November 7, 2018
- Seth Jenny
- Angie Jenny
- Kim Hohman
- Mark Courtney
- Debbie Courtney
- Brian Buchan
- Michelle Beck
- Steve Nichols
- Kyle Garner
- Katie Jordan
- Ryan Wells
- Coach John Papa
- Theresa and Khloe Krahe
Approval of Minutes
- Treasurer: Brian Buchan
- Balance as of 11/5/18 $3123.64
- An additional withdrawal of -$953.35 for Club T-shirts, not yet deducted from total (8/24/18)
- Spreadsheet of Treasurer’s Report was handed out.
- Pizza Party Deposits (2)
- 10/9 $199.90
- 10/27 $191.40
- Pizza party for class delayed to December because teacher having surgery.
- All New Business from President.
- To be given out to an individual who is planning to compete or be involved in a Collegiate program.
- Set-up Guidelines or criteria for students to follow
- Seth emailing everyone his previous running clubs criteria for scholarships.
- Looking to award……….. 1 Girl and 1 Boy each a $200 scholarship…. Totaling $400 for the first year. To start off.
- Michelle motions to start yearly Scholarship of $200 each for Girl.Boy to start.
- Mark Courtney 2nds and ALL in favor.
- Discussed Three Rivers Cross Country Championships (Mingo)
- Talked about races HS kids want to attend…… Nike… Footlocker ???
- Planning to put USATF meets on our GCAC schedule in future.
- Paid $75.00 Membership Fee
- Brian to get USATF level-1 for Coaching training November 30-December 2.
- Discussed Christian Academy/Home school running guidelines.
- New Membership Fees Discussion for GCAC:
- December 31,2018 new membership required
- Membership Drive: Get people signing up again between November?- December 15.
- Get Me Registered Pricing Discussion: Keep the prices the same for the time being.
- Individual- $25.00
- Family- $40.00
- Have a place on site for more donations if people choose to.
- Adult Running Discussion;
- Kate Jordan talking about posting available Run Times on Facebook.
- Sign-Up Genius:
- Easy way to have parents sign up for different things.
- Have this for Elementary parents to help out or bring in items.
- Get Elementary parents attached to the High School Invite so they can donate their time or bring donations in also.
- They were being left out of the loop and a lot want to help.
- GCAC Track
- Looking into options for where to have the Elementary Track time.
- Brian Buchan is checking into pricing for GJR track possibly???
- High School track practice doesn’t usually end until 5:30 at HS track.
- Special track visits possibly 1x a month to various facilities.
- Trying to do more Track meets also this year.
- Coach Papa talked about his Indoor Track Meets:
- There are 2 on Sundays at SRU
- No limit to events or # of events a student can do.
- Very lenient and would work with discounts for groups
- Regionals and Nationals for Track will be hosted by SRU at Schenly Park in Pittsburgh.
- Regionals- Nov. 17
- Nationals- Dec. 1
Adjournment Steve Nichols Motion to adjourn meeting at 7:44
Angie Jenny 2nds. All in favor. Time to eat again.
Respectfully Submitted by:
____ __Kimberly Hohman_______ November 13,2018 ________
NAME, Secretary Date
Grove City Athletics Club