End of GCAC Elementary XC Season
Grove City Athletics Club members,
A few important announcements:
1) A lot of parents have thanked us for volunteering this year with both the elementary track and cross country. We appreciate it, but more than that we hope more adults/parents become involved in the club. We plan to have a club meeting open to all club members (or anyone interested in joining the club) on Wednesday, November 7 @ 6:15pm (location to be announced). We want you there!
2) Mrs. Davis (Morgan’s mom) will be collecting donations at tonight's (Tuesday, Oct. 16) practice for the End of Elementary GCAC Cross Country Season Race and Party coming this Friday (Oct. 19). She thought it might be easier to just order cupcakes for the team, rather than coordinate desserts. If you are able to pitch in, please see her or one of the coaches this afternoon. Thanks so much!
3) Today’s elementary practice is from 4-5pm and Friday’s end of season race and party is from 4-5:30pm – both behind the Middle School.
4) FYI - we don't plan on attending this formally as a club as we are having our final practice/time trial on this Friday (and we found out about this very late), but some may want to attend the Elementary race at end of the Mercer County Cross Country Meet)...be careful racing too often though, as this is the day after our Friday race/party! More info: http://grovecityac.org/index.php/announcements2/51-mercer-county-xc-meet-with-elementary-race
5) Slippery Rock University is hosting the NCAA Division II Men’s and Women’s Cross Country Regional (Nov. 17) and National (Dec. 1) Championships – both in Pittsburgh at Schenly Park. You may want to go watch, particularly the national championships. More info: https://rockathletics.com/sports/2009/8/27/MXC_0827091939.aspx
6) We don’t plan on having a formal elementary GCAC program this winter as we don’t believe in early sport specialization. We encourage you to keep your children active and fit by having them participate in other sports and physical activities (swimming, indoor soccer, basketball, gymnastics, wrestling, volleyball, martial arts, etc.).
However, we will be attending two indoor track meets as a club at Slippery Rock University in 2019: Jan. 13 & Feb. 10. More info here: https://rockathletics.com/sports/2009/8/27/MIT_0827093045.aspx
Have a great day!
Grove City Athletics Club