June 11, 2018 (SRU Track Meet, Facebook)
Grove City Athletics Club,
1) GCAC Summer "Kick-off" Family Event - Wed. June 13 @ 5:30pm
**The schedule is on the below website:
**Field events start at 5pm and track events start at 6pm.
**If you have a child in the GCAC Elementary program, we recommend coming at 5:30pm so you have time to register and warm-up for the 1mile post-test time trial which starts at 6pm.
**Please make an effort to come (and bring the family)!!!
Slippery Rock University Summer All-Comers Family/Community Track Meet Info:
- LOCATION @ SRU Track (Mihalik-Thompson Stadium) - this is ALSO the Football Stadium (on the hill to the right after entering the main entrance off Keister Rd).
- *June 13 meet @ 6pm will include: GCAC Elementary Track Program-only 1 mile post-test!
- This will act as a type of post-program time trial to track fitness gained!
- There is also a meet the following Wed, June 20 @ 6pm.
- Both meets are open to anyone of any age (bring the entire family)!
- $15 per individual (unlimited event entries). *GCAC-Discounted Family Rate: $25. Payable at meet.
- Events range from 50m (elementary-only) to 5k track races + hurdles + jumping + throwing events
3) FYI - we have 2 Facebook Pages which GCAC member Kyle Garner created (he also created our GCAC logo!):
Grove City Athletics Club (Official Group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/345536109290291/
**This is a "closed group" which you have to be approved to join. Please invite other Facebook friends who might join the club and participate in our events to join this page. Most of the short term club announcements/reminders are posted here. Any member can post on it. Please post training/racing pics here too. Let people know you are wanting to run on a certain day and a certain time and ask if anyone wants to join, etc.
Grove City Athletics Club: https://www.facebook.com/Grove-City-Athletics-Club-1643130182438264/
**This is a public page that anyone on Facebook can view. Only administrators can post events on this Facebook page. We only post major club events here (i.e., Track Meet, Cross Country Meet, etc.). You should "like" this page, but be sure to ask to join the "Official Group" FB page.
In summary, don't confuse the two. Some of you have "liked" our public GCAC page (2nd one), but are not aware that we have the "Official Group" page which is more private and only approved/connected people can view (i.e., club members). Be sure to follow both.
4) Other Social Media:
Twitter (Brian Buchan manages this): https://twitter.com/grovecityac
Website (Al Hough created this): http://grovecityac.org/
See you Wed (June 13) at Slippery Rock University!
Grove City Athletics Club